Thursday, August 28, 2014

Fighting back

Fighting back

I'm back to blog again and I haven't got a clue what to talk about. I could, I suppose, let you know all about my newest WIP, only there isn't one and hasn't been for months You see apart from 200 word teases and 100 word flashes I have been unable to string anything remotely coherent together, not because of writer's block, because of something far worse.

.
Yes it's true the J S Morbius you all love has been a sufferer for over thirty years, ever since I was first diagnosed as a teenager and I have had enough.


I want to write for you, not for fame and fortune (although that would be nice LOL) but because ever since I was first spotted by Penny Peterssen, and then taken on by Naughty Nights Press, writing has been the one escape from my fight and I thought I had completely lost the ability to construct fiction which people would read, like and enjoy.


However just this week I was informed by Mistress Gina Kincade, owner of Naughty Nights Press, that not only were my books selling they were selling so well I was the number one author for NNP for the whole of the last quarter, as well as each individual month in it.
Now to say I was amazed, astounded, gob-smacked, shocked or any other feeling you'd care to mention would be an understatement but, after also talking with Gina, I knew that with my writing, my friends, my fans and my followers I could beat this demon inside of me.



So from this day forward I am determined to no longer let my depression beat me down, even though I know it is going to be the hardest fight I've ever had, and I am going to get back to doing what I do best, and that is turning up the heat.

4 comments:

  1. Wow,
    I think that was the best post I have read in a long while.
    As you know I have always considered you to be an excellent weaver of words (even though YOU didn't believe it) but to openly discuss that cursed ailment that I know has plagued you to the extreme at time is definitely worth a thousand kudos.
    Julez, may your personal fight be a worthy one and see you come out on top and an inspiration for us all who suffer that dreaded "D" word.
    I am overjoyed with you being NNP's top seller for the quarter and each month. It shows that you have what it takes and your reader base thinks so too.
    Keep those words flowing sweetheart.
    Love ya.
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Penny. I will always remember, and be eternally grateful, to you for being the one who brought me to the attention of Gina and Naughty Nights Press and helping me come up with my pseudonym.

      Love ya as well, Penny and thank you xxx

      Delete
  2. I wish all the best and continued success Julez. I fight the same fight and I hope this buoy floats you for a while!

    ReplyDelete