I had a miserable week because I decided to try to "fix" my computer and ended up breaking it beyond repair. Luckily, I backed up everything long beforehand. My computer is fixed now as of a few hours ago after being out of commission for over a week, hence this very short blog post. Here is my message:
Back Up Your Files!
1. Have a backup set up on a flash drive, separate server, zip discs, or other physical means.
2. Email yourself important documents as you work on them. Your email will preserve your work.
3. If you have access to the Cloud, use it.
4. Email your stuff to a close, trusted friend to keep it for you in case something horrid happens and you lose it.
5. Use a backup service if you wish but I don't really think it's necessary. It's also an added expense.
I'm lucky that I already back up everything like crazy. This mess could have been a real tragedy if I hadn't. My brief post is a friendly reminder to back up your documents and such to avoid losing valuable material.