Sunday, April 5, 2015

Review: Whispered Desires (Risque Confessions #1) by D.F. Krieger - 5 Stars!

Unique and awesome plot!!

Blurb:

Keep a journal of your wildest fantasies, but remember the two rules: The fantasies have to involve your spouse, and no reading your spouse's journal. When the marriage therapist recommends this treatment to Hannah and Jason, they doubt the journal's ability to fix Hannah's loneliness or Jason's stress. But as the pages fill with heated longings, they find themselves wanting each other in ways they'd only ever imagined.


Buy on Amazon
Follow author D.F. Krieger on her blog

My Thoughts


When I first started reading this book, I could swear the author had some inside track on my life, my marriage, and I had to give myself a bit of a mental shake. I don't know if this story is pure fiction or based in some part on fact, but either way D.F. Krieger has this unique plot idea pegged perfectly.

Her writing style and use of description, both at the start and throughout to the sensual scenes, enabled me to relate so well deeply that I felt like I was a participant in the story in some manner. The author's approach and delivery drew me in and kept me turning the pages to the very end in one sitting.

I needed to know how the marriage therapist worked out for this couple, loved the idea of the journal as a means to opening up the communication in the relationship and putting the lust back into their love for one another. I rejoiced when it seemed things were going to work out and am even now contemplating using the journal idea in my own life for a bit of fun. *grin*

This book is a refreshing change to the many boy-meets-girl-and-then-they-live-happily-ever-after romances I've read in the past. It focuses more on the reality of marriage, overcoming obstacles in life, and proving there's happiness yet to come even when you fear the worst, yet still maintains an excellent quality of great titillating fantasies brought to life that we all love in our romance books.

Nicely done, Ms. Krieger!


No comments:

Post a Comment